Monday, December 16, 2013

Carrie Bradshaw inspired


Dress: Opulent sequined cocktail dress from Forever 21 (used as a tulle skirt)
Top: Lace crop top
Heels: City-chic D'Orsay stilettos from forever 21
Necklace: Kendra Scott



Today I am going to share how a fashion catastrophe can turn into a good one *wink wink! On Friday night I had the wonderful opportunity to host my very first blogger event at Kendra Scott Fashion Island! I've been waiting to put on this dress here for the event, but it did not come on time. I was so upset. I just had my last final Friday morning, followed by a visit to my high school to guest speak and was hoping that it would be on my front door. My event that night started at 5p and since it was on a Friday night all the way in Newport I had to leave early which gave me two hours to find another outfit, pick up my brother and get ready. Like I've mentioned in my earlier post, when I am in a rush and looking for a last minute outfit, I run to forever21. I know right, my outfit doesn't look like its from there. I was upset that my planned outfit did not arrive but it turned out just fine because I put together a last minute Carrie Bradshaw inspired outfit. I picked up both the dress and crop top as soon as I walked into forever 21, it's like it was right there for a reason. The dress is gorgeous, however it was too cold that night to wear straps so I found the perfect lace crop top to finish up the look. The event was a success. Post here.

Thanks for reading.
xoxo
Thida

19 comments:

  1. omg i love this you look great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt is perfection!! So beautiful <3

    x Maria
    Have a look at my newest Outfitpost
    featuring my new retro dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty ballerina! Love your outfit hun and your smile is beautfiul!

    xo, Alina
    http://stylebyalina.com/christmas-in-california/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe your making me blush, thank you <3

      Delete
  4. You look fantastic! Like a beautiful doll. A very elegant and timeless look for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paulette, your comments are the sweetest! thank you <3 hope you're doing well

      Delete
  5. Nice outfit! Love your style! You look genius!
    Thanks for your sharing and posting!
    Have a nice day!


    http://www.aekk.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe hahah thank you! and of course, my pleasure! I'm glad you like it
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. you are too cute! Miss you!. ps. reading your email now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my beautiful frieend, i miss you too!!! wahhh I am living through your pictures! Great job on everything! <3

      Delete
  7. hello dear, followed you back via Bloglovin! xoxo

    stylemeetsbeauty.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful look x

    tuttifruttibyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie, I don't know if you realize but Google has delete the GFC and I'm triyng to get in touch with people that I was following and that was following me back to ask to follow each other on Bloglovin' so that we can stay in touch. I will follow you right back. Thank you, Kisses Ana
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8529505/city-girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you look amazing ! soooo beautiful photos !!!
    Maybe we follow each other! ?
    If yes , let me know when you follow me & i´ll follow back :)

    Greetings

    www.YulieKendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you paired the lace top with the tulle skirt, classic carrie bradshaw. You look amazing doll
    http://myfashioncabin.blogspot.com/2013/12/celebrity-style-crush-lauren-conrad.
    xx
    Karen

    ReplyDelete