Tuesday, July 30, 2013

One of a kind Jumpsuit made by yours truly

One of my goals this summer was to create outfits to improve my sewing skills. So far I've created 3 outfits a week for two weeks and here is one of them. This jumpsuit is made by two unique fabrics that I picked up from Joann's for a great price. I told myself, why buy a jumpsuit for $60 if I can make one for $15! So far, I've made shirts, pants, skirts, shorts, and dresses but I have never made a one piece jumper, so this was a bit of a challenge for me. Luckily, my grandma who is a great seamstress was in town for a few weeks. I would not have been able to make this without her expertise. She guided me through the entire process showing me tips and very useful advices that I can apply when working on my next projects. This took me a total of 10 hours, which included making and cutting the pattern and sewing. This project was very enjoyable because the finished product turned out better than I expected. The best part was being able to share quality time with my grandma and getting one on one training from a professional seamstress. 



6 comments:

  1. Wow, great job with this Jumpsuit, it looks fantastic!

    rubyrediris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Iris!!! and thanks for stopping by :)

      xoxo Thida <3

      Delete
  2. Wow,amazing look...I really like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, I really like your blog too!! I am now following you on bloglovin!
      Thanks for stopping by!!
      xoxo Thida :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Visit me on
    circleofchaos on mystylehit.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are searching for a good shop for Buy jumpsuits online baboon island is the best platform for all kinds of women dresses. We provide you cheapest price on all products stay connect with us on here thank.

    ReplyDelete